One should not abandon a good habit or routine. I’m here once again with my morning Chai. My fingers are limbered and eager to tap out their words. I’m hard pressed to say where they come from. I never know what will come out. They just do. They have a mind of their own.
It’s almost 8 am. It’s still dark, dark out. I am too watchful of the days and time. That’s what you do when you are retired. In other times, I would stumble out of bed at the crack of dawn. I would dress and hustle out with Sheba for our walk before going to work. The darkness would be just on the periphery of my consciousness. In other times I had gone to work sick as I have been lately. I felt I had to unless I needed life support. Funny what we can do when there was no other choice.
So have I been whining a lot lately? Have I turned soft and complaining too much about my lot in life? I hope not. I have not meant to. I am just ventilating, breathing out the toxins. Don’t pay attention to my negativity. I am balancing my chi, doing a re-alignment of my chakras. I am not an expert in chakras or chi. I rely on my innate compass but here’s a short course in chakras from MindBodyGreen:
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through.
Blocked energy in our 7 Chakras can often lead to illness so it’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely. Here’s our quick summary:
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- More on Root Chakra healing
2.Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- More on Sacral Chakra healing
3.Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- More on Solar Plexus Chakra healing
4.Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
- More on Heart Chakra healing
5.Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- More on Throat Chakra healing
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- More on Third Eye Chakra healing
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- More on Crown Chakra healing
I am shaking up my chakras a little. It is how I get myself out of the doldrums sometimes. I’m shaking them up to the music of Johnny Kidd & The Pirates. I’ve got the quivers down the back bone, I got the shivers down the thigh bone… I feel my chakras sliding into place, in perfect alignment.
Do what you must to have a good day. I have to stop complaining about November. It is a wonderful month to:
- re-align my chakras
- simmer soup
- make baguettes to eat with the soup
- roast root vegetables
- learn French
- Zentangle and doodle
- work on my short stories
- work on my Jesus (cross stitch)
- lane swim
- plan on spring garden